After posting my “What’s In My Fridge” pictures on instagram, I had a tonne of requests asking me to do a “What’s In My Pantry”.
So without further ado, here’s are the staples you will always find in my pantry & what I use them for:
- Oats – I use these for making everything from my Vanilla Bean Porridge & Healthy Strawberry & Banana Pancakes, to my Healthy Banana Bread to Homemade Tropical Muesli.
- Nuts – pistachios, almonds, walnuts, cashews, macadamias, hazelnuts….basically every nut you can think of, I’ll have a jar full of them! Remember, you can enjoy all nuts; don’t just limit yourself to almonds. Nuts are perfect for snacking on, to make into healthy Nut Butter & for adding to salads & stir fries.
- Seeds – Sesame seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, linseeds…again every seed you can think of, I’ll have some. Seeds are nutrient powerhouses, bursting with protein, healthy fats & minerals. I sprinkle them onto salads like my favourite Poke Bowls & blend chia & linseed into my Green Smoothies & Bliss Balls.
- Coconut – shredded, desiccated, flakes; coconut is a must in my pantry! I use it in everything from Soups & Bliss Balls to Nice Cream & Smoothie Bowls.
- Honey & Maple Syrup – the perfect way to add a dash of sweetness to Overnight Oats & Salad Dressings, honey & maple are my favourite sweeteners.
- Dried Fruit – dates are my all time favourite in my Caramel Protein Slice & I love cranberries with salmon dishes like my Healthy Salmon & Veggie Pizza.
- Herbs & Spices – cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ginger, chill, nutmeg, oregano, paprika, turmeric, thyme…I use herbs & spices to flavour my lunch & dinner meals instead of salt or packet sauces. My favourite combination of spices is in my Creamy Pumpkin Soup.
- Lentils & Beans – I eat a plant based diet & use beans & lentils in place of meat. Try my delicious Vegan Meatballs if you want to give lentils a go!
I order most of my pantry staples from The Source Bulk Foods.
Editor’s Note: This post is not sponsored. I was gifted my order of pantry staples from The Source Bulk Foods.