I was already a big fan of Youfoodz, so I was pretty excited to find out that they have just launched their new Spring Menu.
What is Youfoodz?
Youfoodz are pre-prepared, fresh meals that are delivered to your door, ready to eat. They are extremely convenient as there is no shopping, food preparation, cooking or cleanup required and they are also portion controlled & minimize food wastage in the home. Additionally, because there is no freezing process involved, I personally find Youfoodz meals taste better than other pre-prepared meals on the market.
More importantly though, the main reason that I love Youfoodz as a Dietitian and will often recommend them to my time-poor clients, is the health and nutrition of the Youfoodz meals. Overall, the options on Youfoodz menu are healthy & nourishing. Their main meals are packed full of wholesome veggies and many contain lean proteins and low GI, wholegrain carbohydrate options. They use healthy ingredients like seeds and nuts that are loaded with protein, iron and other minerals to add amazing texture to their meals & flavour their foods with natural ingredients like herbs and spices, which has incredible health benefits. Youfoodz believe in the idea “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” and I truly think they have achieved this.
The New Spring Menu
The new Youfoodz Spring Menu includes a variety of options for lunch and dinner, as listed here:
• Crumbed Chipotle Chicken
• Chicken Super Slaw
• Minted Lamb Salad
• Honey Panko Crust Fish
• Mexi Burrito Bowl
• Rustico Chicken Pizza
• Spring Beef Super Salad
• Supergreen Spaghetti
• Pistachio & Cranberry Turkey Rissoles
• Wasabi Mayo Teriyaki Wrap
• Chargrilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
• Healthy Tuna Cakes & Kale Pesto Broccoli
• Satay Tenders with Green Chilli Risoni
Like Youfoodz other main meals, the new lunch and dinner options from the Spring Menu are extremely healthy and nutritious and have a great veggie content. My top 3 picks from the new Spring Menu are:
1) Supergreen Spaghetti – made from spaghetti & green veggies including broccoli, zucchini, peas & spinach and flavoured with chilli flakes, basil, parsley & garlic, this is a great way to enjoy spaghetti while getting a hit of healthy green veggies! If you want to enjoy it as a lunch or dinner, I’d recommend adding a protein source such as a tin of tuna, salmon or chickpeas to make it a complete meal. Nutritionally, I’d give this Supergreen Spaghetti a 9/10. To score a 10/10, I’d suggest Youfoodz use wholegrain spaghetti.
2) Healthy Tuna Cakes & Kale Pesto Broccoli – this is a complete meal that covers your three macro groups – protein, carbs and fats- and is also packed full of healthy greens including broccoli, kale and spinach for an excellent hit of fibre. It is high in protein, iron and healthy fats from the tuna, tahini & pinenuts and I personally thought this one tasted incredible with the ginger, sweet chilli, coriander, coconut, lemon and lime.
3) Honey Panko Crusted Fish – this is a beautifully light meal consisting of fish and veggies & is a great option for those who are trying to lose weight or trying to maintain a healthy weight & lifestyle. It contains cod, zucchini, broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans & is flavoured with soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic & ginger. If you need a bit extra with this meal, you could serve it on some brown rice or quinoa.
The rest of the options on YouFoodz new Spring Menu get my dietitian tick-of-approval too. Youfoodz receive top marks for using healthy ingredients like quinoa in the Crumbed Chipotle Chicken, which is a low GI, high protein carbohydrate that provides sustained energy release and excellent blood sugar control, and almond meal and pistachios in their Pistachio & Cranberry Turkey Rissoles to boost the mineral content of this meal. I also love that Youfoodz avoid artificial & unhealthy flavouring agents and instead use natural ingredients including herbs, spices and lemon/lime/orange juice to flavour their meals, like in the Super Chicken Slaw. It’s also great to see that Youfoodz have added some options to the Spring Menu that are healthy alternatives to your typical takeaway, such as the Rustico Chicken Pizza which veggies like tomatoes & mushrooms.
Even though I love the new Youfoodz Spring Menu, I still have some old favourites from their previous menus including:
• Herby Falafels with Shredded Greens – this meal is a nutrient powerhouse as it contains chickpeas that have health benefits ranging from improved gut function to reduction in cognitive decline, and is loaded with veggies including broccoli, cauliflower & brown onion.
• Home-made Fish and Chips – this is an extremely nutritious meal high in healthy omega-3s from the quinoa & chia seed crusted cod and beta-carotene from the sweet potato & carrot wedges. I love serving this one on a bead of baby spinach.
• Sweet Potato Wedges – these are a wholesome, healthy snack that will provide sustained brain and muscle energy from the low GI carbohydrates in the sweet potatoes. Plus they taste incredible with the smoked paprika, rock salt & cumin.
Sponsored Content: This article is proudly sponsored by Youfoodz. Why? Because I love Youfoodz and only recommend companies/brands/products that I truly believe in and who share the same approach to health as I do. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.