A healthy option for home-made burgers, these Beetroot Burger Patties are high in protein, fibre, iron and an easy option using Love Beets Australian Grown Baby Beetroots.
1x 250g pack of Love Beets cooked baby beetroots
1x 420g can black beans
1/2 cup quinoa
¼ cup quick cooking oats
1 tbs rice bran oil
1 onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
2 tsp brown mustard
1/2 tsp thyme
2 tbs chia seeds
4 tbs water
- Cook quinoa according to pack instructions.
- Heat oil in wok & sauté onion & garlic. Once golden, add spices.
- In a small bowl, soak chia seeds in water.
- Drain beans & add into wok & mash. Add chia seeds and stir through.
- Slice Love Beets cooked baby beetroots & add to wok. Stir.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl & add cooked quinoa & oats.
- Place mixture into fridge for 2hrs then remove and shape with hands into burger patties.
- Heat oil on fry pan and cook patties for few minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and serve Beetroot Burgers with salad & veggies of choice on wholegrain burger buns.
- Note – Love Beets beetroot is available at major and independent supermarkets and greengrocers nationally including
- Aussie Farmers Direct
- Farmer Jacks (WA)
- Harris Farm Markets
- Thomas Dux
- Other local Green Grocers nationally
Sponsored Content: This article is proudly sponsored by Love Beets. Why? Because I love Love Beets and only recommend companies/brands/products that I truly believe in and who share the same approach to health as I do. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.