This is one of my all time favourite salads! Beautifully sweet, summery & refreshing, you can serve this salad with your favourite protein source (I love it with a side of grilled salmon) & a serve of carbs on the side (it goes perfectly with sweet potato). You can also enjoy a small bowl a morning or afternoon tea snack or take it to your next social gathering to wow your friends & family! Enjoy!
Recipe: Caramelised Peach Salad
- 2 large ripe peaches, washed & sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach or rocket, washed & shredded
- 1/4 cup shallots, washed a chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds*
- 3tbs Balsamic vinegar*
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs honey*
*I was gifted these ingredients from The Source Bulk Foods
- Heat 1 tbs oil on a grill pan and cook peaches for a few minutes. Flip peaches over & cook on other side. Add almonds & shallots to pan and heat. Once cooked, remove from heat and place large salad bowl with shredded greens.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining oil, honey and balsamic.
- Pour balsamic dressing over salad and stir through. Serve & enjoy.