Deliciously sweet & creamy, banana “nice-cream” is your healthy alternative to commercial ice-cream. With no added sugar or cream & instead packed full of natural vitamins, minerals & fibre, banana “nice-cream” is nutritionally superior to regular ice-cream, plus its completely dairy-free & vegan.
Recipe: Easy Banana “Nice-cream”
- Ripe bananas (black spots) – use as many as you like
- Peel & slice bananas and place into a plastic container in the freezer overnight.
- Once frozen, remove bananas from freezer & allow to sit for 20minutes at room temp.
- Place bananas into a blender & blend until forms ice-cream consistency.
My favourite nice-cream flavours:
You can make any flavoured “nice-cream” that you like by simply blending other ingredients into the frozen banana. Some of my favourite flavours include:
- Vanilla – add a dash of vanilla extract
- Cinnamon – add a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mango – add a peeled, frozen mango
- Berry – add some favourite berries that have been washed & frozen
- Peanut butter – add a tablespoon of homemade peanut butter or any other nut butter you like
- Peppermint – add a dash of peppermint extract
- Chocolate – add a tablespoon of cacao
- Passionfruit – add the pulp of 2 passionfruits
- Coconut – add a few tablespoons of shredded coconut