These are a healthy snack alternative to your typical muffins and cakes! Loaded with veggies, fibre, wholegrains & protein, they satisfy those sweet craving whilst boosting your health & nourishing your body! Plus they have a delicious citrus twist!
Recipe: Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins with a Citrus Twist
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp ground chia seed
- 1/4 cup Natvia
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 large lemon, grated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or other nuts of choice), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the grated carrot, ground chia, Natvia, soy milk, oil, vanilla, & lemon zest.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon & baking powder. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (don’t over mix). Fold in the chopped walnuts.
4. Pour into patty cake moulds & bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven & allow to cool for 10 minutes & then transfer the a wire rack to cool completely. Can be frozen. Enjoy.
Sponsored Content: This recipe is proudly sponsored by Natvia.