Passionfruit available all year round with two key seasons; summer AND winter. The Vitamin C content of passionfruit makes them an excellent choice during winter to help fight off cols and flus! Plus they are packed full of fibre to help keep your digestive system healthy!
Add a splash of passion to your winter & try my Healthy Passionfruit Muffin recipe below!
Recipe: Healthy Passionfruit Muffins
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup plain rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut*
- 1 tsp baking powder*
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs chia seeds soaked in 6 Tbs water
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
*Note – you can make this recipe gluten-free by replacing the wholemeal flour & oats with an equal amount of buckwheat flour.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly oil muffin tin baking tray.
- Place oats in a blender and blend until flour consistency forms.
- Place oats & flour into a large mixing bowl and add remaining dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Add to dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool. Enjoy.
Pic: Healthy Passionfruit Muffins
Editor's Note: This recipe was adapted from Aussiepassionfruit.com.au. I was gifted the passionfruit from Aussie Passionfruit and *some ingredients from The Source Bulk Foods.