We all know that eating healthy foods is good for us, but did you know that certain vegetables can actually impact how you look?
A high intake of fruits and vegetables that are orange in colour can actually give you a healthy, natural tan. Sometimes referred to as skin superfoods, carrots contain a very potent antioxidant called beta-carotene. When you consume this on a regular basis, it can warm up your skin and naturally change your skin pigmentation, creating a natural, healthy-looking tan.
If you want to get that natural glow, try these three quick lunches where carrot is the hero ingredient. These lunch ideas are perfect for people who workout as they have a good balance of macros and are also great for busy people on the go as they all take less than five minutes to make, thanks to Just Veg. Carrot Sticks & Carrot Shred.
Just Veg. is a range of fresh, Australian-grown carrots that are washed, cut and ready to eat. They were developed by a group of Queensland farmers’ wives, who take the veggies that aren’t supermodels and give them new life as easy, nutritious and delicious snacks and meal solutions for busy people.
You can find Just Veg exclusively in Woolworths in Queensland, NSW and Victoria. Find them in Fresh Cuts section of the fruit & veg department.
Nourishing Veggie Bowl
- Grab a handful of salad greens and place into a bowl.
- Grab a small tin of beans – you can use red kidney beans, chick peas, three-bean mix or butter beans. Drain & empty into a bowl.
- Grab a handful of Just Veg Carrot sticks & add to bowl.
- Choose three more of your favourite salad veggies – e.g. celery, cucumber, snow peas, capsicum, and add to your bowl.
- Top with a dollop of your favourite dip such as hummus or tzatziki & enjoy!
Rainbow Salad Wrap
- Grab two large lettuce or cabbage leaves & spread a tablespoon of hummus onto each leaf.
- Open a small tin of tuna & scoop half onto each leaf.
- Sprinkle some Just Veg. Carrot Shred on top.
- Top with some sliced avocado & diced tomato.
- Wrap lettuce around & enjoy.
Glowing Carrot Salad
- Place a cup of Just Veg. Carrot Shred onto pan, drizzle with 1 tsp honey & heat. Add some chopped tomato & capsicum. Cook for two minutes.
- Place a handful of chopped baby spinach into a bowl & stir through cooked veggies.
- Add a protein of choice such as a tin of beans or small tin of salmon.
- Add a splash a balsamic vinegar and top with a handful of sunflower seeds.
Sponsored Content: This article is proudly sponsored by Just Veg. Why? Because I love Just Veg and only recommend companies/brands/products that I truly believe in and who share the same approach to health as I do. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.