This is the most incredibly delicious pumpkin soup I’ve ever eaten & everyone that has tried it agrees! It’s a great meal to cook up in big batches & freeze for a quick & easy lunch or dinner, plus it is extremely healthy & much lower in calories & fat than traditional coconut pumpkin soup as it uses coconut milk instead of coconut cream.
1 large Jap pumpkin
1tbs rice bran oil
1 large brown onion
6 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 small chillies
2 cups coconut milk
4tsp shredded coconut
1. Peel & chop pumpkin & steam until cooked.
2. While pumpkin is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan.
3. Peel & chop onion & garlic & brown in saucepan.
4. Add chopped chilli & spices into saucepan & heat.
5. Remove cooked pumpkin from steamer & add to saucepan & stir through the onion spice mix.
6. Add coconut milk to saucepan & simmer until thickens.
7. Remove from heat & pour into blender. Blend until smooth & creamy.
8. Serve hot & sprinkle with pepitas, pine-nuts, shredded coconut & fresh parsley.
Editor’s Note: This is an independent article and I have no conflicts of interest to declare.