This ice-cream pie is the ultimate summer dessert! It’s incredibly delicious & super healthy, packed full of veggies & protein with no nasty additives!
Recipe: Pumpkin & Coconut Ice-cream Pie
- 500g dried dates, finely chopped
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1.5 medium-sized Kent pumpkins, diced
- 1/2 cup slithered almonds
- 2 tbs sesame seeds*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs vanilla paste
- 2 tbs honey*
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain rolled oats
*I get these items from The Source Bulk Foods
1. Steam pumpkin. Once soft, blend with Coconut Milk. Remove from blender, refrigerate for 2 hours. Re-blend to fluffy nice cream texture.
2. In a pot, bring water & dates to boil then simmer. Add oats, almonds, cloves, honey, cinnamon & sesame seeds and cook.
3. Evenly spread date mixture into a baking pan. Freeze for 2 hours.
4. Top base with pumpkin nicecream and refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove from fridge, slice and enjoy.