This is a healthy & delicious version of banana bread that has a low glycemic index to stabilise your blood sugar levels & give you long lasting energy, is high in fibre to keep you feeling full, is high in vitamins, mineral and antioxidants to nourish your body and a great source of protein and omega 3s. It makes the perfect snack and is a great option for the kids too!
Recipe: Raspberry & Coconut Banana Bread
- 2 cups plain rolled oats
- 1.5 cups rasberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 large very ripe (black spots) bananas, peeled & sliced
- 4 tbs chia seeds (I bought mine from Protein World) mixed with 12 tbs water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place chia seeds in a small bowl & add water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Place oats & baking powder into a blender and combine.
- Into blender with oats, add chopped 3 of the sliced bananas, vanilla & maple syrup. Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Remove mixture from blender & stir in coconut, walnuts & raspberries.
- Pour into an oiled glass baking dish, top with 1 sliced banana & bake for ~30minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool.
- Can be stored in fridge for unto a week or sliced and frozen.