In support of Coeliac Awareness Week, here is my favourite gluten-free bread recipe! It’s healthy, full of protein & tastes amazing!
Recipe – Super Seeded Gluten-free Bread
- 1 cup gluten-free flour of choice (e.g. rice flour, coconut flour, almond flour, amaranth flour, buckwheat flour, teff flour)
- 1/2 cup sunflower (pepita) seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup linseed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbs coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper & spread seeds & nuts across it evenly. Toast for 5-10minutes. Remove and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl & stir to combine until thickens. Cover with a damp tea towel & leave to sit for 1 hour.
- Grease a small loaf pan & line with baking paper. Spoon dough into the loaf pan, spread evenly & press down firmly.
- Bake the loaf at 180C for ½ hour. Remove pan from oven & carefully lift out the loaf. Carefully, flip the loaf upside down onto the baking sheet and bake it for another ½ hour to 45min uncovered, until golden brown & firm.
- Remove from oven & cool loaf completely on a cooling rack. Slice and enjoy!
A note on Coeliac Disease – 1 in 70 Australians have coeliac disease & only 1 in 5 have been diagnosed! If you experience regular bloating & wind, diarrhoea, constipation, heartburn, nausea, fatigue & irritability, you should see a health care professional & get tested for Coeliac Disease.