Recipe: Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Bread
- 1.5 cups plain rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin
- 1/2 cup soy milk or milk of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder*
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds*
- 2 tbs chia seeds soaked in 6 tbs water
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup*
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, finely chopped*
- 1/2 cup cashews*
- 1/2 cup almonds*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced + zest grated
- Berries of choice to decorate
*I get these ingredients from The Source Bulk Foods
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Steam sweet potato & pumpkin. Once cooked, mash.
- Place oats in blender & blend until oat flour forms.
- Removed and place into mixing bowl. Stir in baking powder & spices.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potato & pumpkin. Add chia seeds, honey & milk and stir to combine.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mix and combine. Stir in dates & pumpkin seeds.
- Pour mixture into an oiled baking tray & bake for approx. 30min or until cooked through. (be careful not too burn).
- Once cooked, remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- For icing, soak cashews & almonds in water. Then place in blender with milk, honey, cinnamon & lemon juice & blend until smooth. Remove and spread on cooled bread. Sprinkle with grated lemon zest & top with berries.
- Slice & enjoy.