If you’ve never had baked pumpkin with honey & mint, then your life is going to change forever when you try this recipe! Baking enhances the pumpkin’s natural flavour while the honey adds a delicious sweetness & the mint adds a beautiful freshness. Top it with some pine nuts and voh-lah; You have the Perfect Baked Pumpkin!
You can enjoy this Baked Pumpkin on it’s own as a snack, toss it through a salad or enjoy it along side your source of protein with dinner.
Recipe: The Perfect Baked Pumpkin
- 1 x medium Kent Pumpkin; washed & sliced into wedges
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs honey*
- Large handful of fresh mint leaves
- Large handfuls of pine nuts*
*I get these ingredients from The Source Bulk Foods
- Pre-heat oven to 220C.
- Place sliced pumpkin into large baking tray & drizzle with olive oil. Toss pumpkin around to coat evenly.
- Drizzle with honey & pine nuts.
- Bake in oven until cooked through and desired crispy-ness is reached.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with mint leaves. Serve & enjoy.
Editor’s Note: I was gifted some of these ingredients from The Source Bulk Foods