This Veggie Lentil Soup is wholesome and nourishing and the perfect meal to warm you up this winter. With a good protein and fibre content, you can enjoy this soup as a stand alone meal & it’s a great option if you’re trying to lose weight. Plus it’s super cheap and easy to make too!
Recipe: Veggie Lentil Soup
- 3 cups of brown lentils
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 tsp Vegetable Broth mixed in 1 cup water – I used Nutra Organics Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pot & brown shallots. Add carrots and celery and cook for a few minutes.
- Add lentils & Vegetable Broth to pot and simmer on low heat for 20minutes.
- Serve and enjoy or cool and refrigerate or freeze in containers for a quick and easy mid-week meal.
Pictured: Veggie Lentil Soup
Editor's Note: This recipe post is proudly sponsored by Nutra Organics.