RECIPE: PLANT BASED BUTTER CHICK’N
Makes 2-4 serves
- 250g firm tofu
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 400g can of coconut milk
- 1 400g can of crushed tomatoes
- To Serve: 1-2 cups cooked brown or basmati rice and cooked vegetables of choice
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Press tofu with a paper towel and leave for 20 minutes to drain excess liquid. Slice tofu into cubes and coat with corn flour. Place in the oven for 20 minutes and cook until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, to prepare curry sauce, heat olive oil on a large pan. Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is lightly browned. Add spices, maple syrup, coconut milk, and tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the tofu is ready, stir it through the curry sauce.
- Serve with cooked rice and vegetables of choice. Enjoy!
Want more healthy plant-filled recipes?
Get my NEW recipe e-book “Healthy Easy Eats“
Click here to grab your copy!
Editor’s Note: This recipe was created by Student Dietitian Alice Bleathman from the Nourish Naturally team.