Warm yourself up this winter with a bowl of my delicious (and healthy!) Baked Porridge. Extremely easy to make, my Baked Porridge is full of flavour & puts a spin on your basic porridge with the addition of cinnamon, vanilla, figs & hazelnuts. The recipe below makes about 2 serves but you can double the ingredients and keep the leftovers in the fridge for the week to enjoy.
Recipe: Baked Porridge
- 3/4 cup plain rolled oats
- 1.5 cups soy milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 dried figs, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs sultanas
- 2 tbs shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- Dash of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place all ingredients in a baking dish & mix.
3. Bake for 30-40min or until golden. Scoop out & enjoy.
Note: Can top with fresh fruit if desired.
Pictured: Baked Porridge
*Editor’s Note: I was gifted with some of the ingredients in my Baked Porridge recipe from The Source Bulk Foods.