- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed & torn finely (or other green salad veggies of choice e.g. baby spinach)
- ½ small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ of a red onion, finely sliced
- 1 punnet of fresh blackberries
- 180g cheese of choice e.g. halloumi, vegan cheese etc
- 1tbsp of toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 3tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp red chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Place egg and mustard in blender and combine until light and creamy.
- While blending, gradually add about half the oil in a slow steady stream until thick and pale in consistency.
- Once half of the oil is combined, add the vinegar. Continue to gradually add the remaining oil.
- Add honey, lemon juice, chilli, cayenne pepper & chives & blend until well mixed through.
- Place kale, cabbage, onion & herbs in a salad bowl. Add dressing & toss well.
- Gently toast your seeds in a pan over medium heat, continuously tossing until golden.
- Top with cheese (if using halloumi, will taste best if fried), fresh blackberries & toasted seeds.
Recipe adapted from Megann Evans' recipe for Fresh Aussie Berries.