RECIPE: CARAMEL EASTER EGG NUT SLICE
Makes approx. 20 serves
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup plain rolled oats
- 6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 400g chocolate of choice, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ~10 mini caramel-filled Easter eggs
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water to soak and soften.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and blitz for approx. 20 seconds or until form flour texture. Add almond meal, honey, vanilla and 4 Tbs of the olive oil. Blitz for a further 10-20 seconds or until roughly combined. Scoop mixture out and press into the base of the slice tin. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While base in the freezer, drain water from cashews and place in the blender / food processor. Add ½ cup of water and blend on high for a few minutes until smooth and creamy. Stop and mix with a spoon if needed.
- Scoop cashew cream out of the blender / food processor and place into a small saucepan with chocolate and remaining olive oil. Heat over low heat until melted, stirring continuously.
- Set aside 3 Tbs of pistachios and then add remaining into chocolate mixture. Stir through and set aside.
- Remove base from freezer and top with chocolate pistachio mix. Top with caramel Easter eggs and sprinkle with remaining pistachios.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Slice into roughly 20 squares. Serve and enjoy. Can be stored in freezer for ~3 months.
Editor's Note: Recipe created as part of my work for Nuts For Life.