Recipe: Creamy & Healthy Carbonara
Makes 4 serves
- 1x 300g pack of 3 Grain Organic Stoneground Pappardelle * pasta
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, diced
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbs garlic chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Once cooked, run under cold water, drain & place in large serving bowl.
- Steam pumpkin. Once cooked, place in a bowl and mash until smooth.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Turn heat down and sprinkle flour over onion and garlic. Stir in nutritional yeast.
- Slowly stir in milk and allow to thicken while mixing over low heat. Add pumpkin, parsley and pepper and stir until combined
- Pour sauce over pasta and sprinkle with garlic chives. Serve with veggies or salad and protein of choice. Enjoy.
Editor's Note: This post is proudly sponsored by 3 Grain Organic.