This smoothie is perfect for the whole family! Made with deliciously sweet & healthy Australian Papayas, you can enjoy this smoothie for a healthy snack any time of the day! Plus the papaya adds the most incredible creamy texture to this smoothie! The recipe is below for you to try & here are some fun facts about the health benefits of papaya.
Health Benefits of Papayas:
- Immune Health – one serve of papaya (150g) provides you with 100% of your vitamin C requirements.
- Glowing Skin – papayas contain a unique bundle of antioxidants & is 90% water, which works together to keep your skin healthy & hydrated.
- Preggy Mummas & Bubs – papayas are high folate which is essential for the healthy development of babies in early pregnancy. Plus the soft texture is also ideal for babies’ first food.
- Healthy Gut – papayas contain both soluble & insoluble fibres which are needed to keep your gut healthy
- Healthy Weight – papaya is low in kilojoules, high in fibre & has a moderate GI, which helps keep you feeling fuller for longer.
RECIPE: Creamy Tropical Papaya Smoothie
Makes 2 serves
- 1 medium papaya
- Pulp of 2 passionfruit
- 1 Cup natural yoghurt
- 1 banana
- 2.5 cups milk of choice
- Fresh mint leaves to top
- Peel and deseed papaya. Cut into chunks & place into blender with remaining fruit & milk.
- Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Pour into glasses and top with mint leaves. Enjoy.