RECIPE: CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALAD WITH PEANUT SATAY DRESSING
- 1/2 green cabbage – shredded
- 1/2 red cabbage – shredded
- 1 carrot – julienne
- 1 cup snow pea – julienne
- 1/4 cup fresh basil – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander – finely chopped
- 1 avocado – diced
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp water (enough to thin the dressing)
- Combine cabbages, carrot, snow peas, herbs (leave some aside to garnish) and avocado in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Toss salad with dressing and top sesame seeds and an extra sprinkle of herbs. Serve with tofu, fish or your favourite source of protein.
Recipe contribution by student Nutritionist Tahlia Claringbold from the Nourish Naturally team.