Packed full of berries, nuts, yoghurt and oats, this is a healthy slice that you can whip up for a delicious snack or dessert and requires no baking whatsoever. While this slice doesn’t contain any ice-cream, everyone that has tried it says it tastes like it’s made with vanilla ice-cream, so it’s a real winner!
Recipe: Frozen Berry Icecream Slice
Makes 15 serves
- 1/2 cup unsalted nuts of choice – I used walnuts, cashews and almonds
- 1/4 cup plain rolled oats
- 1 cup medjool dates, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbs honey or maple syrup (if desired for extra sweetness)
- 250g vanilla yoghurt of choice – I used coconut yoghurt
- 1.5 cups frozen berries – I used raspberries and blueberries
- Place base layer ingredients in a high speed blender or mixer and blend until evenly combined. Remove from blender and place into a cake tin (roughly 25cm x 12cm) lined with baked paper (this make it easy to remove from tin). Press down evenly with a spoon.
- Cover base layer evenly with yoghurt.
- In a saucepan, heat berries over low heat for a few minutes, stirring continuously. Once cooked, scoop berries evenly over yoghurt layer and place in the freezer overnight.
- Once frozen, remove, slice and enjoy.
Note: left-overs best stored in freezer.