Recipe: Healthy Orange & Date Slice
- 2 cups plain rolled oats
- 1 cup medjool dates, seeds removed & chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs chia seeds, soaked in 12 tbs water
- 2 tbs coconut sugar*
- 3 tbs shredded coconut*
*From The Source Bulk Foods
- Pre-heat oven to 180C & grease a baking tray.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup water & add dates; simmer until water has absorbed.
- Place remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl & combine. Add dates and stir through.
- Scoop mixture into baking tray & spread evenly. Bake for 20minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Slice & enjoy.
Editor’s Note: I was gifted some ingredients from The Source Bulk Foods.