Recipe: Healthy Strawberry & Banana Pancake Stacks
- 2 bananas, mashed + 1 banana, sliced
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup plain rolled oats
- 1/2 cup soy milk, or other milk of choice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut*
- Maple*, to drizzle
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
*I get these items from The Source Bulk Foods
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats & mashed banana. Mix in coconut & cinnamon. Stir in milk then oil.
- Once evenly combined, heat oil on pan and pour mixture in 1-1.5cm thick.
- Once edges caramelise & middle bubbles, place a lid on the pan and reduce heat. Cook for a further 10minutes.
- Preheat grill. Remove from stove & place under the grill without a lid until mixture is no longer ‘wet’.
- Once cooked through, flip pancake out, slice into rectangles & layer with sliced banana & strawberries. Drizzle with maple & enjoy.