Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato and Mushroom Pasta
Makes 4 serves
- 1x 300g pack of 3 Grain Organic Stoneground Pappardelle * pasta
- 1 cup mushrooms, washed & thinly sliced – I used Shiitaki mushrooms
- ¾ cup semi sun-dried tomatoes, drained & sliced
- 4 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped
*3 Grain Organic Stoneground Pappardelle – Available from Woolworths in NSW, QLD, Melb, SA & WA.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Once cooked, run under cold water, drain & place in large serving bowl.
- Boil the cashews in water for 10 minutes. Drain and place in blender with 1/2 cup water & blender until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan. Add garlic, mushrooms & sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Reduce heat and add cashew cream. Add 1/2 cup water, tomato paste and basil.
- After a few minutes, add cooked pasta into the sauce mix through. Serve with your favourite source of protein and enjoy.
Editor's Note: This post is proudly sponsored by 3 Grain Organic.