Makes ~12 biscuits
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup nutellex or other vegan butter (melted)
- 4 tbsp golden syrup (or your preferred liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- Line a baking tray and preheat the oven to 160°C fan forced.
- Mix rolled oats, desiccated coconut, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the melted nutellex, golden syrup, vanilla extract and warm water in a seperate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in halves and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into balls with your hands and flatten when you place them on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack for an additional 10 minutes – then enjoy!
Editor’s Note: This recipe was created by Intern Dietitian Courtney Myers from the Nourish Naturally team.