A nutritious meal that packs a packs a plant protein & iron punch, this simple salad with sweet potato mash is boosted with chia seeds to help energise you, improve your heart health & aid healthy digestion.
Take The Chia Co’s Chia Challenge & reap the health benefits of a daily serve of chia seeds. Packed full of fibre, omega-3s, plant protein, minerals and antioxidants, chia seeds can make you feel better and aid digestion & heart health, when consumed as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Recipe: Honey Mustard Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potato Mash
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, washed, cored, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp The Chia Co. Chia Seeds
- 5 tbsp pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp The Chia Co. Chia Oil
Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 large sweet potato, washed, peeled, sliced
- 1tbsp The Chia Co. Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions and place in a large salad bowl, allow to cool.
- Add remaining salad ingredients to quinoa bowl and mix.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, stir until evenly combined. Pour over salad.
- Steam sweet potato until soft. Place into a blender and combine with chia seeds & cumin until smooth. Scoop out and serve with salad. Enjoy.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was made in collaboration with The Chia Co.