- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup fresh Australian blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zest grated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (e.g. soy milk)
- 2 tbs olive oil spread
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar*
*Note: You can use any sugar you like. I simply used coconut sugar as that was what I had in my cupboard but it’s not healthier than other types of sugar.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In a blender, place milk, egg, sugar, lemon juice, olive spread and vanilla. Blend for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Note: If you don’t have a blender, whisk ingredients in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add wet mixture to flour and combine (don’t over mix). Stir through blueberries and lemon zest.
- Spoon mixture into doughnut moulds and bake for 10-15minutes, checking with a skewer to see if cooked through at 10minutes.
- Once cooked through, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Remove doughnuts from moulds and enjoy!