A healthy & delicious snack that you can whip up in under 5 minutes, this Lemon Chia No-Bake Slice contains chia seeds loaded with fibre, omega-3s & plant protein to aid with healthy digestion & keep you feeling full & satisfied throughout the day!
I created this recipe as part of The Chia Co’s Chia Challenge! By signing up to The Chia Challenge (which is completely free!), you get a FREE 7-day Dietitian approved meal plan which will help you reap the health benefits of a daily serve of chia seeds. Packed full of fibre, omega-3s, plant protein, minerals and antioxidants, chia seeds can make you feel better and aid digestion & heart health, when consumed as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Click here to join The Chia Challenge.
Recipe: Lemon Chia No-Bake Slice
- 1 cup plain rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 90ml water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 5tbsp The Chia Co. Chia Seeds
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- Place oats into a blender and blend into oat flour. Pour oat flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in coconut.
- Combine water, lemon juice and chia seeds in a small bowl, mix until combined. Add into oat mixture and stir until all dry ingredients are wet.
- Add dates and lemon rind. Use hands to work mixture and until it comes together into a ball.
- Scoop out into a baking tin lined with baking paper and press down evenly all over.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until set.
- Once set, lift baking paper out and cut into slices. Enjoy.
Click here to take The Chia Challenge.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was made in collaboration with The Chia Co.