Recipe: Mango and Avocado Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, seed removed & diced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, seed removed & diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups baby spinach, shredded
- 1 cup pumpkin, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Place sweet potato, pumpkin and onion in a baking tray and drizzle with 2tbs olive oil. Bake until cooked through and slightly crispy.
- In a small mixing bowl, mash mango & avocado together. Add lime juice, sweet chilli and 1tbs of olive oil. Combine. Mix in coriander.
- In a fry pan, heat 1tbs olive oil. Toast pine nuts & set aside.
- Place baby spinach in a salad bowl. Mix in baked veggies and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Stir through mango avocado salad dressing. Serve & enjoy.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was created for part of my work as ambassador with Nuts For Life. For more information on nuts, click here.