RECIPE: MIXED GREENS WITH TOASTED ALMONDS AND HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 10 asparagus spears, chopped
- 2 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach, shredded
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, seed removed & thinly sliced
- 2 tbs honey
- 5tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Heat 1tbs of oil on pan and cook zucchini & asparagus. Towards the end, place almonds in pan and toast. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, place remaining oil, honey & mustard. Mix well.
- Place spinach & avocado in a salad bowl. Add cooked veggies and almonds. Pour dressing over and mix through. Enjoy.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was created as part of my partnership with for Nuts for Life.