RECIPE: MUSHROOM AND CHICKPEA CURRY
Makes 5 meals.
- 2 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2x 400g cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (275ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2x 400g cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 400g chopped mushrooms
- 3 big handfuls of baby spinach
- Cook rice according to packet.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic into the pot with heated oil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, coconut cream and curry paste into the pot
- Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and chickpeas into the pot and stir well. Simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- One handful at a time, add the spinach into the pot and stir after each
- Cover and simmer on low heat for another 5-10 minutes.
- Divide rice and curry mixture evenly into containers. Cool in fridge before freezing.
This recipe was created by Intern Dietitian Courtney Myers from the Nourish Naturally team.