The perfect sweet yet nutritious and filling snack for school lunch boxes! It’s such an easy recipe to make that you can even get the kids involved too!
RECIPE: No Bake Choc-Nutty Rice Crispy Bars
Makes 12 serves
- 1 cup almond butter (or tahini for nut free version)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups puffed rice
- 100 g Lindt 70% dark chocolate (70% is dairy free)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the almond butter, honey, oil, vanilla and salt. Heat for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth and combined. Be careful not to cook it, just melt the ingredients together.
- Add the puffed rice to a large bowl and pour the almond mixture over the top. Mix until well combined before pouring into a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press the mixture down flat, the firmer the better!
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl and melt in the microwave. Pour the chocolate over the top of the slice and spread evenly. Then, place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set before cutting into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was created by Student Dietitian Clare Keating from the Nourish Naturally team.