This is the most incredibly delicious pumpkin soup I’ve ever eaten & everyone that has tried it agrees! It’s a great meal to cook up in big batches & freeze for a quick & easy lunch or dinner, plus it is extremely healthy & much lower in calories & fat than traditional coconut pumpkin soup as it uses coconut milk instead of coconut cream.
Recipe: Creamy Pumpkin Soup with a Thai Coconut Twist
- 1 large Jap pumpkin
- 1tbs rice bran oil
- 1 large brown onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 small chillies
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4tbs pepitas
- 4tbs pine-nuts
- 4tsp shredded coconut
- Fresh parsley
- Peel & chop pumpkin & steam until cooked.
- While pumpkin is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Peel & chop onion & garlic & brown in saucepan.
- Add chopped chilli & spices into saucepan & heat.
- Remove cooked pumpkin from steamer & add to saucepan & stir through the onion spice mix.
- Add coconut milk to saucepan & simmer until thickens.
- Remove from heat & pour into blender. Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Serve hot & sprinkle with pepitas, pine-nuts, shredded coconut & fresh parsley.
Editor's Note: This is an independent article.