RECIPE: Pumpkin, Pomegranate & Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups Jap pumpkin, diced
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 5 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 cup mint, chopped
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Line a baking tray with paper. Spread pumpkin and onion over tray. Sprinkle with 1 Tbs of olive oil and bake for ~30min or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions and toast pine nuts on a fry pan. Set aside.
- Mix remaining olive oil with lemon juice.
- Place quinoa in a serving bowl and top with herbs, pumpkin and onion. Sprinkle with pine nuts, pomegranate and lemon dressing. Enjoy.