RECIPE: Roast Pumpkin Salad with Spiced Yoghurt Dressing
- 1/2 medium pumpkin, sliced into 8ths
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup Greek or coconut yoghurt
- 1.5 Tbs cumin
- 1.5 Tbsp sumac + extra to season
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 2 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 cups rocket
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line a baking tray with paper. Spread pumpkin & onion over tray. Drizzle with olive oil & bake for ~40min or until cooked through & turning golden.
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Heat a fry pan & toast walnuts for ~5min over medium heat.
- For the yoghurt dressing, combine yoghurt, cumin, sumac, garlic, lemon juice & zest in a bowl.
- Place rocket on a large serving plate, top with pumpkin, onion, walnuts & yoghurt dressing. Season with extra sumac and enjoy.