This delicious salmon dish combines the natural sweetness and acidity of strawberries to balance the richness of salmon. Serve with a side of sweet potato, quinoa or other favourite carbohydrate of choice for a healthy, balanced dinner meal.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on + 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil + sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs agave syrup
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup strawberry coulis
- 1/2 cup extra virgin oilve oil
- 1 cup strawberry diced
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- 1/4 cup Spanish finely sliced onion
- 1 Tbs parsley, chopped
- 40 ml olive oil
- Bunch of broccolini
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Add 2tbs oil.
- Season skin side of salmon with salt and lay down on the pan.
- Cook for 90% of the time (~5min depending on how you like your salmon) on the skin side, then flip it over to cook for 15-30 seconds on the other side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using same skillet, cook broccolini and serve on salmon plate.
- To make strawberry & white balsamic sauce, blend strawberries, balsamic vinegar, agave syrup, lemon juice and mustard in a blender until the strawberries form a smooth paste consistency. Slowly add olive oil until the oil emulsifies. Set aside.
- To make fresh strawberry salad, combine strawberries, tomato, parsley and onion into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to lightly coat. Divide between salmon plates.
- Drizzle salmon, broccolini and strawberry salad with strawberry sauce and enjoy.
Editor's Note: I would like to thank Chef Shishir Rajhbhandari who created this recipe, which I have adapted, for the Queensland Strawberries event I attended.