Recipe: Summer Nourish Bowl with Faba Beans & Sesame Dressing
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup of pumpkin, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, shredded
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced,
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa (or 1/2 cup of each)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup Human Bean Co Lightly Salted Faba Beans*
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup broccolini, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
For the Sesame Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
*Discount Code for Human Bean Co Faba Beans: Use “FESTIVEFABAS” for 15% off online orders between 6th-20th Dec 2018! Can be used for multiple orders and no minimum spend. Plus already free shipping on all orders! 🙂
Note – you can mix and match any veggies you like in your nourish bowl.
- Cook rice/quinoa according to packet instructions.
- In a large fry pan, heat oil and cook onion, sweet potato, pumpkin, zucchini and broccolini. Once cooked, place into a large serving bowl with salad veggies.
For the sesame sauce, toast sesame seeds on a fry pan until they start popping (be careful not to burn). Remove from heat and place in a blender & blend (or crush with a mortar & pestle). Place all ingredient in a small mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- You can either serve with ingredients separated out (see below) or mix together. Enjoy