Health, easy and delicious, this fruit and nut bread is a must to bake for your snacks this week!
RECIPE: The World’s Best Fruit and Nut Bread
- 1 2/3 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1.5 cups dried figs, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 3 Tbs coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, bicarb & baking soda.
- In a high speed blender, blitz banana, egg & coconut milk until creamy. Pour into flour mixture & fold through.
- Mix in nuts & dried fruit.
- Scoop mixture into loaf tin. Bake for approx 30min or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Slice, serve & enjoy!