With less than 3 months to go until bub arrives, my husband and I have been having so much fun getting the nursery ready and making sure we have what need to hopefully make this transition into mum and dad life as smooth as possible. We are honestly so excited to meet bub and can’t wait for this exciting adventure!
I’ve had a lot of questions about the different baby products that we have gotten so far, so I wanted to share some of my favourites with you!
- Bassinet & Cot – we chose to get a Kaylula Sova Coy Clear (in Beech) from Babyhood. We chose this cot because it grows as bub grows! It starts as a Bassinet, then transforms into a Cot, Toddler Bed and then even into a playpen and Table and Chairs Set. We also got the the Breathe Eze Mattress Set from Babyhood too, along with sheets from Momo and Bubs and quilt from Garzie and May.
- Pram – after shopping around and testing out lots of prams, we bought a Bugaboo Fox. This pram was the smoothest and easiest to steer push, plus the top is low enough down for me to see over #shortpeopleproblems.
- Baby Clothes & Swaddles – a few of my favourties we have so far are from: Love To Dream Swaddles, Ergo Pouch, Halcyon Nights and Piper Bug, along with some gorgeous pieces knitted by my Nan.
- Baby Monitor – we got an Arlo Baby Monitor from Bing Lee. We loved this monitor as it can be viewed from anywhere at any time, has night vision, 2-way talk, music player and air sensors!
- Baby Carriers – we chose to get two baby carriers: 1) a Bub Nest which is a small portable bed for bub that can be used around the house and when going out. I had seen these online and wanted one since we found out we were pregnant, as they just look so convenient! and, 2) An Ergo baby – which is a strap on baby carrier to take bub around in. We chose to buy this one due to it’s bub safety ratings, comfortable lumbar support and it fitted both of us.
- Pregnancy Massages – this isn’t a baby product, but something pregnancy related that I definitely recommend for mummas-to-be. To help with keeping calm during the pregnancy, I had some pregnancy massages at Endota Spa Cronulla. Endota have massage therapists trained specifically in pregnancy massage, which was a must for me when choosing where to go for massages during my pregnancy. This would also make a lovely gift idea for any preggy mumma’s for their baby shower!
- Nursery Draws with Change Table – for storage in the nursery, we went with draws from the Tasman Eco Vogue Collection. I loved these ones as they matched our cot and have a build in change table on top, saving us so much room in the nursery.
- SheBirths – again, not a baby product, but definitely something baby related I would recommend! SheBirths is a childbirth education program that provides parents-to-be with skills to support them through labour and birth. My husband and I completed the weekend SheBirths course which covered everything from the physiology of labour and the birth process to how you and your partner can work together as team by using active birthing, yoga, massage, acupressure, breathing, relaxation techniques and more, with a particular focus on pain management during labour. This course helped my husband and I feel a lot more informed and confident about labour and birth and I’d recommend it to any preggy mummas. Click here for more info.
- Skin Care – As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I changed my daily skincare to Bohemian Skin as it is designed specifically for pregnancy. I use Bohemian’s Gel Cleanser, Purifying Toner and Facial Moisturiser every single day and can’t recommend them enough!
Editor's Note: Some items on this list were gifted & affiliates. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.