Perfect for a weeknight dinner when you don’t really want to cook. This super simple, high protein vegetarian and vegan recipe works great for meal prep as well.
RECIPE: Broccoli and Tofu Soba Noodles
- 450g firm tofu
- 2 broccoli heads, cut into florets
- 180g soba noodles
- Juice of 3 limes
- 5 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles for 4 minutes (or as directed on the packet)
- Meanwhile bring another pot of water to a boil and cook or steam the broccoli until tender (roughly 3 minutes)
- Dice the tofu into 2cm chunks. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Once hot add the tofu and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the tofu is golden brown.
- Combine the lime juice, kecap mains, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl or jug.
- In a large bowl combine the noodles, sauce, broccoli and tofu and toss to combine. Divide into 4 bowls and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Enjoy!
This recipe was created by Student Dietitian Clare Keating from the Nourish Naturally team.