A fragrant and delicious almond curry that is perfect for those colder days that keep creeping in! It’s such a versatile recipe that you can change up the veggies to suit whatever you have in the fridge or freezer. You can swap the eggplant for broccoli or carrots, whatever you fancy!
RECIPE: Cauliflower & Eggplant Almond Curry
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 stems curry leaves, picked
- 1/3 cup tikka curry paste
- 1 eggplant, roughly chopped
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 60g baby spinach
- 400ml light coconut cream
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Combine the almond meal and water in a small bowl and set aside
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion, ginger and curry leaves and saute for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is soft. Then add the curry paste, eggplant, cauliflower baby spinach and coconut cream. Stir to combine, and cook with the lid on for 10-15 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package directions
- Serve the rice and curry with the coriander leaves.
This recipe was created by Student Dietitian Clare Keating from the Nourish Naturally team.