A quick and easy one pan recipe, these high protein vegetarian fritters are perfect for lunch or dinner. They also double as a great snack as they are or dipped into greek yoghurt or hummus!
RECIPE: Chickpea and Tahini Fritters
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup hulled tahini
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 spring onions, white part only, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 170g plain, unflavoured greek yoghurt
- 3 cups rocket leaves
- Add the chickpea to a large bowl and mash with a fork or masher. Squeeze the excess liquid out of the spinach and add it to the chickpeas with the spring onions, eggs, flour, tahini and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, spoon spoonfuls of the fritter mixture into the pan and press flat. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve the fritters with the greek yoghurt and rocket leaves or a side salad of your choice.
This recipe was created by Student Dietitian Clare Keating from the Nourish Naturally team.