This recipe puts a healthy twist on the traditional choc chip cookie.
I used chickpea flour in this recipe as it packs a big protein punch (without adding protein powder) and it’s high in fibre to keep you feeling full & for good gut health. Chickpea flour is also gluten free & you can make this recipe nut free by swapping the nut butter for tahini.
RECIPE: Healthier Choc Chip Cookies
Makes 8 cookies
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (I used soy milk)
- 3 Tbsp nut butter (or tahini for nut free version)
- 1/4 cup choc chips
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Like a baking tray with paper.
- In a large bowl mix, combine the chickpea flour, sugar, baking powder & bicarb soda.
- Add the milk & peanut butter. Mix until a cookie dough texture forms.
- Mix in the choc chips.
- Divide mixture into 8 amounts. Roll into balls with hands, slightly flatten & place on baking tray.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a tiny pinch of salt and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.