A healthier take on classic peanut butter cups, these are the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth! They’re also a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen since the recipe is so simple & yummy.
RECIPE: Healthier Peanut Butter Cups
Makes 10 cups
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 120g dark chocolate
- Place all the ingredients except the dark chocolate in a bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly and press into 10 silicone moulds or muffin casings.
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method and pour over the mixture. Garnish with some extra chopped peanuts.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
Recipe contribution by student Nutritionist Caitlin McKenzie from the Nourish Naturally team.