This no-bake mango slice is super easy to make and is the perfect option for a healthy dessert this summer, especially for those with a sweet tooth! I used Calypso Mangoes in this recipe because they have a sweet taste and fibre-free flesh, so the mango doesn’t get stuck in your teeth.
Recipe: Healthy Mango Dessert Slice
- 5 ripe Calypso Mangoes
- 1 banana
- 1 cup mixed nuts of choice (I used pistachios, cashews and almonds)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plain rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pitted medool dates
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 tbs water
- Sprig of fresh mint leaves
- Place nuts in a high speed blender and blitz until chopped consistency.
- Add in coconut, oats, dates, honey & water and blend until well combined.
- Scoop out and place in an oiled and lined small loaf sized baking tin. Press down to flatten and evenly fill the tin.
- Place the banana and flesh of the 4 mangoes in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the baking tin evenly over the base and freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from baking tin by turning upside down and gently hitting the base. Flip and slice. Top with squares of fresh mango and mint leaves. Enjoy.
Editor's Note: this recipe was created as part of my work for Calypso Mangoes.