If you’re after for a quick, easy and healthy recipe that you can prep in advance, look no further than my Healthy Sweet Potato & Tuna Patties. Made using Macro Certified Organic Flaxseed Meal as a replacement for breadcrumbs, these patties contain fibre, protein, veggies, omega-3s and healthy carbs. These Tuna Patties are a delicious and satisfying meal you can prep in advance and freeze for an easy lunch, or dinner for even the busiest of people.
Time Saving Hack: Short on time and want to add an extra hit of veggies to this recipe? Try adding the Macro Cauliflower Flour which is high in fibre for a happy gut when consumed as part of a healthy balanced diet!
Recipe: Healthy Sweet Potato and Tuna Patties
Makes 12 medium patties.
- 1 425g tin of tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 zucchini, grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Macro Certified Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
1. Peel, slice and steam sweet potato. Once cooked, mash and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except flaxseed meal and oil. Stir well.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
4. Place flaxseed meal into a bowl and using a spoon or hand, scoop out heaped dessert spoon sized amounts of tuna mixture and roll into flaxseed meal to coat evenly. Flatten out and place onto heated pan, cook until golden brown, flipping as needed. Repeat with remaining mixture until all cooked.
5. Enjoy immediately with salad, on a sandwich, wrap or burger or store in the fridge or freezer in an air-tight.
Note: If you wish to make more, you can simply double or triple the ingredients.
Editor's Note: this post is sponsored by Woolworths as part of my ongoing partnership with Macro Wholefoods Market.