A healthier version of classic fish fingers, kids will love these!
Being such a simple homemade recipe, kids can even get busy in the kitchen and help make them too.
RECIPE: Homemade Kids Fish Fingers
Makes 5 serves
- 500g white fish, cut into thick strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Lemon, to serve
- Plain Greek yogurt, to serve
- Preheat an oven to 220C,
- Place the flour in a bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk together in another bowl.
- Combine the bread crumbs, almond meal, nutritional yeast/cheese, chives, salt and pepper in a third bowl.
- Dip a piece of fish into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture followed by the breadcrumbs and place on a lined baking tray. Complete this step for all of the fish pieces.
- Spray the fish with some olive oil and bake for 30 minutes, turning them over halfway.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and dip into plain greek yoghurt.
This recipe was created by Student Dietitian Clare Keating from the Nourish Naturally team.