RECIPE: LENTIL AND TOMATO PASTA
Makes 5 meals
- 1 packet whole-wheat pasta
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil (can use normal)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 2x 400g cans lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 375g chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup spring onion
- Parmesan or plant-based cheese alternative to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder and dried basil and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour crushed tomatoes and lentils into pot and stir with seasoning.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally .
- Add the chopped mushrooms and stir well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the pasta and the sauce once the pasta is cooked and stir well. Divide mixture into containers. Place in fridge to cool before freezing.
- After reheating, serve with fresh spring onion and cashew parmesan (optional).
Editor's Note: This recipe was created by Intern Dietitian Courtney Myers from the Nourish Naturally team.